Terms & Conditions
Airbnb Massachusetts Energy Efficiency Program Terms and Conditions
Airbnb and Abode are making this offer available to eligible Airbnb Hosts who participate in the Mass Save Energy Services Program (Mass Save®). To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be an Airbnb Host
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Own a property in Massachusetts, in a building with one (1) to four (4) units, with an active Airbnb listing. An “active” Airbnb listing has had at least one prior guest stay booked through the Airbnb platform in the twelve (12) months prior to April 12, 2023.
- The active Airbnb listing must qualify for the Mass Save® rebates for weatherization and/or whole-home or partial-home heat pump systems (air source heat pumps) for occupants of homes in buildings with one (1) to four (4) units, including that your unit must have a residential utility account with National Grid or Eversource. Other Mass Save eligibility requirements and exceptions may apply; see the Mass Save website and forms for all qualification requirements:
- For Mass Save Home Energy Assessments
- For Mass Save weatherization rebates
- For Mass Save heat pump rebates
- For Mass Save heat pump rebate verification (both partial-home and whole-home air source heat pumps)
- For Mass Save whole-home heat pump rebate verification (additional form with requirements for whole-home systems)
- For Mass Save HEAT Loans
To sign up for the program, you must visit the program webpage hosted by Abode at https://abodeem.com/airbnb/ and complete Abode’s program survey by 11:59 pm ET on June 15, 2023.
Learn more about Mass Save® and working with Abode and its network of contractors on the Abode website. The information on the Abode website is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and may not be suitable for your circumstances. Unless stated otherwise, references to third-party links, services, or products do not constitute endorsement by Airbnb.
If you (1) complete the Abode survey, (2) are eligible for Mass Save weatherization and heat pump rebates, and (3) complete the weatherization and/or heat pump installations at your qualifying Airbnb listing, you will receive up to $500 for the weatherization installation and up to $2,000 for the heat pump installation from Airbnb. This is the “Airbnb incentive payment,” also referred to as the “Airbnb sustainability grant.” The amount you receive from Airbnb will not exceed the amount you paid for the qualifying installation. Payment(s) will be initiated to your default payout method selected on the Airbnb platform within three (3) weeks after Airbnb receives confirmation from Abode that the installation(s) were completed. Additional processing time may be required if you complete your weatherization installations through a contractor other than the one recommended by Abode. For Abode to notify Airbnb that your heat pump installation was completed, you must first complete and submit to Abode the relevant heat pump verification form(s) with a picture of your paid heat pump invoice. All qualifying installations must be completed by December 31, 2023.
Abode and Airbnb are separate entities and Airbnb is not a party to, or in any way responsible for, your agreement with Abode, any of the work performed or advice provided by Abode or its contractors, or your eligibility for Mass Save or any Mass Save-associated rebates. This offer is not redeemable for cash or gift cards, or toward previous purchases, and cannot be transferred or combined with other Airbnb or Abode offers, coupons, or discounts. This offer may be withdrawn or modified without notice. Airbnb and Abode reserve the right to any remedy, including voiding this offer, in cases of suspected fraud, misuse, or violation of these terms.
Abode will provide Airbnb with information you provide through the program survey on the Abode website, including your names, Host ID, e-mail address, listing ID(s), and listing address(es), and whether or not you are eligible for the program. Abode will also notify Airbnb when you complete weatherization and/or heat pump installations as part of this program, including your Host ID and the Listing ID and address for the property where the installations were performed, as well as any verification forms and supporting documentation (such as photographs of paid invoices) that you provide to Abode. Finally, Abode will provide Airbnb with information about your engagement with Abode and Abode’s home performance contractors during the program, including your responses to surveys or intake forms, heat pump consultations you schedule and/or complete, home energy assessments you schedule and/or complete, service agreements you enter into, and services that are performed in your property. Please refer to the FAQ section of the Abode website for more information about how Abode will collect, process, and use your information.