Here is a quick update on how/when to apply for the census tract incentive in WFA. If you have any follow-up questions feel free to reach out to Mark or myself.
How to apply 100% incentive for Census Tract Customers
Below are the steps that HPCs should take to apply the 100% incentive for eligible Census tract customers. Abode will also be reviewing projects in flight to make sure that all eligible customers receive the incentive.
Applying the 100% Incentive in WFA –
- you can apply the 100% incentive project flag for eligible customers in the given Census tracts, even if the HEA was prior to 10/18/22
- Under Project Flags, select yes to 100% Off Incentive and then enter the date.
- No other incentive-based project flags should be applied (Whole Building Incentive/Multi-Unit-Building/Single-Family-Renter or Moderate Income)
- Census tract Project Flag Coming Soon: an additional project flag will be added that identifies the customer incentive. This will only be a tracking flag.
- The 100% Off Incentive project flag will still need to be set to apply the incentive
Validating Incentive Eligibility
Please take care to only offer eligible customers the 100% Incentive. Eligible addresses are listed in the selected Census tracts; you may have neighboring customers in the same zip code who are not eligible. You are responsible for honoring the incentive if you apply it to ineligible customers.
HEA Validation – There are no special requirements for validating a Census tract customer in WFA. Same approval process and guidelines
Customers must have eligible market-rate rate codes
Customers with low-income rate codes should be referred to their CAP
Most customers should be auto-approved for HEAs and sail through to Scheduling
If account numbers are not available, or the project is otherwise re-directed to Initial Manual Eligibility Review, please submit the project to Abode with account numbers and any context why the project should be approved.
The reason for manual review is not “Census Block,” but whatever issue is preventing approval – missing/shared account numbers, missing rate codes, new homeowner, conflicting appointment scheduled, etc. shared
We will approve or return the project to you, depending on the details.