The funding for additional Grants and 0% Loan Offers from the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources has been exhausted. Contractors should stop discussing these offers immediately.
Below is a list of the DOER offerings that are no longer available at this time.
- The pre-wx barrier incentive will become available again in May as an upfront rebate under Mass Save (not DOER) with payments made before the barrier mitigation takes place.
- Customers that are in the process and have applied for the barrier grants will be redirected thru the Mass Save process.
- The expanded Heat Loan and central wood pellet heating system loans are being reviewed and may or
may not become available again.
Please be sure your teams are updated and no longer discuss these incentives with customers.
Central Wood Pellet Heating Systems
- 0% interest loan up to $25,000 with terms up to 84 months
- Eligible pellet boiler or pellet furnace must be installed in a 1-4-unit residential building as a central heating system
- Must meet detailed specifications, including at least two tons of bulk storage and (for pellet systems): a thermal efficiency rating of
- 85 percent or greater and an emissions rating ≤ to 0.08 lb PM2.5/MMBtu, or (for wood chip systems): a thermal efficiency rating of
- 75 percent or greater and an emissions rating ≤to 0.10 lb PM2.5/MMBtu
Expanded 2-4 Family Loans
- 0% interest loan, with the cap increased from $25,000 to $50,000, with terms up to 84 months
- Requires a work scope encompassing 2-, 3- or 4-dwelling units
- Funds may be used for any valid HEAT Loan measure
Barrier Mitigation Grants
The MA DOER is funding grants for income qualified customers of Mass Save who have barriers to completing weatherization or heating
- Grants are available to help cover the cost of remediation of knob & tube wiring, asbestos, or vermiculite
- Customers must move forward with Mass Save approved insulation or equipment upgrades to receive grants
- Complete the easy, no-cost income verification by calling 866-537-7267, Option 1, or online at MassSave.applytosave.com