Get started today
Contact the Heat Pump Specialist for program information and to learn more about the benefits of heat pump adoption.
Work with a participating contractor to determine if a heat pump is right for you.
Your contractor submits a pre-approval project application to Abode. We review your project summary and work with the contractor, if necessary.
Once approved, your new heating and cooling system is installed and inspected.
The rebate is processed and customers enjoy clean, efficient cooling and heating.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY
"I'm thinking about heat pumps, but don't have quotes yet."
If this is your first time connecting with Abode, we recommend starting here.
- Learn how heat pumps work
- Explore heat pump types for your home
- Overview of operating costs & incentives
- Home weatherization considerations
- Guidance on working with installers
"I already have quotes from heat pump installers."
For an objective, impartial evaluation of proposals you’ve received.
- Compare up to 3 quotes
- Receive an evaluation report to help you understand the proposed systems
- If you would like to discuss the report, you'll be able to schedule time with a Specialist
"I'm looking for technical guidance on heat pumps and more."
For a technical analysis of your comprehensive electrification needs.
- Review heat pump solutions with diagnostics when available
- Conduct technical review and analysis of home characteristics and system performance
- Whole-home decarbonization pathways
In order to be eligible for a rebate through MGED, the project must adhere to Abode’s review process.
There are four main steps to be aware of:
STEP 1: HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT
A no-cost home energy assessment must be completed within the last two years. Schedule a home energy assessment with an auditor.
STEP 2: PRE-APPROVAL FORM
STEP 3: INSTALL QA FORM
STEP 4: REBATE APPLICATION
If applying for the replacement bonus, documentation is required verifying the removal of previous central AC or heat pump unit (either on the invoice or separate disposal/haul-away documents).
|Qualifying Products||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|Single Zone Mini-Split||$500 per ton up to $2,000||Must be on NEEP Cold Climate ASHP List|
|Central Heat Pump, Multi-Split Systems, and Ducted Mini-Split||$500 per ton up to $2,000||Must be on NEEP Cold Climate ASHP List|
|Central AC Replacement (optional add-on)*||$500 (up to $2,500 combined)||Must be on NEEP Cold Climate ASHP List|
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Energy audit required within the last 2 years
- If completing a project over multiple years, there is still a maximum of $2,000 per household. Cannot exceed $2,000 total
- Commercial projects are not eligible for a rebate
- Heat pumps installed as part of a new construction or new addition project do not qualify for a rebate. Heat pumps must be installed to offset or replace an existing less-efficient heating system in order to qualify for a rebate.
PARTICIPATING CONTRACTOR LIST
Use the Participating Contractor List to find qualified installers in your area.
This short customer survey helps us better understand your experience accessing utility rebates and working with your heat pump installer.