Get started today
Contact the Heat Pump Specialist for program information and to learn more about the benefits of heat pump adoption.
Work with a participating contractor to determine if a heat pump is right for you.
OPTIONAL STEP 3
Optionally, your contractor submits a pre-approval project application to Abode to verify equipment rebate eligibility. This step is highly recommended for whole-home heat pump projects.
Your new heating and cooling system is installed.
Your contractor submits a post-install form to Abode with documentation of the completed install. We review the submission for install quality and rebate eligibility.
The rebate is processed and customers enjoy clean, efficient cooling and heating.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION TODAY
"I'm thinking about heat pumps, but don't have quotes yet."
If this is your first time connecting with Abode, we recommend starting here.
- Learn how heat pumps work
- Explore heat pump types for your home
- Overview of operating costs & incentives
- Home weatherization considerations
- Guidance on working with installers
"I already have quotes from heat pump installers."
For an objective, impartial evaluation of proposals you’ve received.
- Compare up to 3 quotes
- Receive an evaluation report to help you understand the proposed systems
- If you would like to discuss the report, you'll be able to schedule time with a Specialist
"I'm looking for technical guidance on heat pumps and more."
For a technical analysis of your comprehensive electrification needs.
- Review heat pump solutions with diagnostics when available
- Conduct technical review and analysis of home characteristics and system performance
- Whole-home decarbonization pathways
WAKEFIELD GAS & LIGHT REBATES
In order to be eligible for a rebate through WMGLD, the project must adhere to Abode’s review process.
There are four main steps to be aware of:
STEP 1: HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT (OPTIONAL)
A no-cost home energy assessment is optional, but highly recommended. This home energy assessment can be scheduled through the NextZero program by contacting the hotline at (888) 333-7525.
STEP 2: PRE-APPROVAL FORM (OPTIONAL)
Optionally, the Pre-Approval form can be completed by the contractor prior to installation. Once you have decided on a contractor and heat pump proposal to move forward with, if you would like to confirm eligibility for rebates prior to install, your installer can submit the Optional Pre-Approval Form. This form includes equipment information for the proposed heat pump system(s). Abode will verify whether the equipment meets the efficiency requirements to qualify for the MLP's rebate.
If you have multiple proposals and have not decided yet on a single proposal, rather than submitting multiple pre-approvals, we ask that you instead submit a "Quote Review" to Abode; see above for consultation offerings to submit quotes.
STEP 3: INSTALL QA FORM
STEP 4: REBATE APPLICATION
- Actual tons are calculated based on AHRI cooling capacity divided by 12,000 BTUs. Rebate amount based on actual tons.
- Rebates are bill credits
- Rebates are available to residential accounts only; commercial clients must go through MMWEC’s Green Opportunities Program
- Heat pumps installed into an existing home or into a new addition on an existing home qualify for a heat pump rebate from WMGLD. Heat pumps installed as part of a new construction project do not qualify for a rebate from WMGLD.
|Qualifying Products||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|Ducted/Ductless Heat Pump||$500/ton up to $2,000||Must be on NEEP ccASHP List|
PARTICIPATING CONTRACTOR LIST
Use the Participating Contractor List to find qualified installers in your area.
This short customer survey helps us better understand your experience accessing utility rebates and working with your heat pump installer.